Students with Learning Difficulties and How They Learn a Non-Native Language in Today’s Education. Teaching target languages has become an extremely broad practice in nearly all the school worldwide. Language teaching is included in the learning plan of all learners at some time of learning. This is not at all unusual, mostly because other languages do not only help to communicate better, but are now proven to be favorable for the brain thinking for the learners. Yet, learners that already struggle with written or oral learning issues in their native language often struggle with understanding target languages in class.
Right teaching ways can lead to success for most of students. The secret of prosperity can be created from both the student and the professors. The job of the teachers is to give information that are chosen to fit the requirements of all learner educators are teaching, and the learner needs to stand faithful to the learning and the projects given.
Learners that struggle with Second Language Struggles
Many students in the world encounter struggles in understanding a foreign language than their native tongue. This cannot allocate students as learning disabled or mean that they have dyslexia. One of the reasons why a student may struggle with understanding languages is simply because they hold strengths in different disciplines.
Plus, students might experience learning a foreign language as a hard job in a given environment. The variability in success of learners who learn other languages may show to be severe when it comes to education surrounding. Generally speaking, students who already struggle with difficulties in reading, listening, speaking and writing in their mother tongue are exposed to of encountering foreign language understanding struggles in classroom. Surely, the severity of this struggle can vary based on the severity of the difficulties they struggle with regarding their first language listening.
Many problems concerning learning a foreign language can be found in those students suffering from difficulties in more than one or even more aspects of the first tongue. These difficulties can range from small to moderate to serious. Linguists tried to investigate whether there is a particular impairment which prevents learners from understanding a second language. However, the findings conclude that there is no medical problem and the issues are actually a reaction of the abilities of the learner to be a good language learner.
At Risk Learners and Traditional Learning Education
Non-native language professors are not commonly trained to find the specific demands of each learner in the class. Their teaching approaches seldom include paying special attention to a at risk student, so the teachers training are usually lead by methods which fit everyone in general. These strategies include speaking in the non-native language; technology assisted learning and listening tapes language practice. And against the widely accepted thought that the strategies is sufficient and serve the ideal learner that does not have issues with understanding a second language, there are still some learners at risk regarding to understanding the second language. The impaired learner is usually requiring more multisensory, disciplined and systematic path of learning. Find out useful information about http://essay-writers-review.co.uk/.
Struggling Learners Learners Students and Learning Difficulties
Learners that are seen as struggling when it comes to language understanding often struggle with the following learning difficulties:
- Difficulty to cope with the remaining learners
- Not able to handle learning task
- Have to dedicate more effort on foreign language learning
- Not understanding how to understand
- Not able to how to analyze grammar, pronunciation or vocabulary rules
- Unable to comprehend the spoken communication in some cases
- Producing mistakes in writing and in speaking
- Unable to understand the questions of the professor when given in the second language.
In some cases, this situation is even more complicated. Sometimes students find it hard to understand and remember the phonemes and sounds of the foreign language or sometimes see it hard to repeat words and phrases when requested.
What to Do
The most researched way for teaching learners that struggle with language understanding troubles is the systematic multisensory structured language or MSL way. This way is made with the purpose of benefiting the group of learners that have problems to speak, read, learn and spell in both the first and the second language.
The MSL strategy teaches educators to:
- Make it easier for learners to categorizing differences
- categorize the language concepts to simpler ones
- Allow practice opportunities to learners
- Practice the speech sounds and phonemes explicitly and systematically (one or two at a lesson)
- Practice the letter sounds in the foreign language directly and carefully
- Teach learners how to understand a language idea
- Use more understanding methods and ways whilst when demonstrating a language concept
- Introduce visual aids whenever opportunity allows
- Provide learners with summary sheets, study helpers and graphic representations.
- Introduce color coding to help them differentiate rules, gender and other different concepts
- Use songs, special rhythms to assist learners differentiate a language rule
- Dodge grammar and vocabulary teaching strategies that contain filling gaps
- Provide learners with sufficient time when taking a different language tasks
Our multilingual society make it inevitable for a different language to be implemented in all classes worldwide. If the teaching strategies are planned to fit the needs of at risk learners, students may also prosper from the learning of a target language. If the question that is asked is if at risk learners should have to comprehend a second language, the answer is positive.
Different language is not only a way of communicating in the world, but can also be seen a good brain developing method. Sadly, the educational system is not yet accustomed and aimed to fit the request of the students in
need carefully crafted attention when it comes to language learning. One way is to substitute language learning courses and change the current classes as per the need of the learners.
The main thing for solving this learning difficulty is to start with the teachers. The traditional teaching method is failing to teach at risk students, and educators must be trained to be more informed of the changes among their learners. If a learner cannot find a good way to learn a taught language, teachers should to determine this issue and pick the effective solution to help the students.